These resources have been selected to assist people to implement the Code of Practice in relation to the Performance and Improvement Framework for the Social Services and Wellbeing Act (Wales) 2014 [Social Services and Wellbeing Act (Wales) 2014]. The Performance and Improvement Framework supports Local Authorities to report their work in relation to the Code of Practice [SSWB ACT Codes of Practice].
As stated in the Welsh Government Guidance Document 2020-2021 on Measuring Activity and Performance:
The new Code of practice relating to the performance and improvement of social services in Wales comes into effect in April 2020. Produced by Welsh Government in collaboration with local authorities and social care stakeholders in Wales, it describes Welsh Government’s ambition to use a range of methods to collect, analyse and understand data and evidence on the delivery of care and support, and support for carers across Wales. The code of practice describes an ambition to seek real and sustained change in how social services in Wales is measured and reported on and how the information gathered is used to inform the future of social services in Wales. (2020: page 1)
What this Evidence Resources Guide does:
Signposts to existing resources that are:
- relevant to the reporting requirements in the Performance and Improvement Framework
- Provides a pathway to access the required resources.
What this site does NOT do:
- Provide new or purpose-designed resources
- Explain in detail how to use any evidence gathered or created to inform practice
- For different ways to use evidence in practice please see the Evidence Enriched Practice (DEEP) pages of this Evidence Resources Guide.